PDA

View Full Version : Diy Cai

NakedDave96
04-04-2004, 07:37 PM
I am new here, but i searched for a while, and saw that there are no directions for a diy cai on the site, so here it is. http://www.teamdelsol.com scroll down and search "cai", u will see the link to click
I have a question tho. the directions are for the b16 i believe, where the throttle body comes from the side. i have a 98 honda civic lx, with stock 1.6 l engine, the throttle body comes straight up. I have ideas on how to get around it, but any suggestions would really help. thanks

pdiggitydogg
04-04-2004, 07:53 PM
just add a 90degree bend at the end

NakedDave96
04-04-2004, 08:03 PM
Did u look at the website? i dont know if the 90 degree bend on the tubing will fit under my hood. i was thinking about using silicone tubing, but i dont know if it will have too much flex right on the throttle body. any ideas? sry about the double post

pdiggitydogg
04-05-2004, 07:22 AM
I know the website...havent been there in a looooong time though.
But...
I know that all aftermarket intakes for y7 manifolds bend back down...they have to.
I bet it will fit...just keep it tight.

NakedDave96
04-05-2004, 03:38 PM
thanks man. if it doesnt fit, do u think its a bad idea to use silicone tubing? i know the bend will fit, i just dont know if its too much flex. thanks again, i'll try it and let u know

pdiggitydogg
04-05-2004, 05:16 PM
i suppose it wouldnt make any difference what the tubing was made out of at that point.
I just know its going to be harder to find a piece that would work in silicone rather than Al

thermal
04-08-2004, 08:31 PM
Honestly, any ebay version of the CAI will suffice unless you already have the piping on hand.