PDA

View Full Version : Electric Supercharger

brianhatchie
03-31-2004, 04:15 PM
www.electricsupercharger.com

do you think their eRam, electric powered blower is worth getting?
some of their videos look impressive, but then again, its a lot of money just to satisfy curiosity.

your thoughts. :)

MAXed Out
03-31-2004, 04:45 PM
Well after looking at some dyno charts they have i guess it works but i have my doubts. It says that it has over 10hp increase on some cars.

C's 94 InTeGrA
03-31-2004, 08:30 PM
really heard some bad reviews about that. I know some guys who tested it and didnt work well and if it breaks then your screwed heard customer service is horrible

gsrchad
04-18-2004, 01:13 AM
well, sitting here, here are my 2 cents..

pro's

1. forcing air into intake, and not actually heating it up at all.
2. power only when you need it

cons

1. if it breaks, you have plastic (?) parts flying into your engine..
2. hp worth several hundred dollars?
3. cant really brag about it... or i wouldnt atleast...

i wouldnt get it, but still curoius as to drag results or something...

thermal
04-18-2004, 01:18 AM
Those things dont work man. somebody at www.homemadeturbo.com actually both one and tried it... shit didnt work....

JDMFantasy2k
04-18-2004, 08:44 AM
Wow look at that thing, i think my computer has a bigger fan. The thing that really makes me curious is this ESC from www.boosthead.com. In the June 2004 issue of Turbo Magazine they did a write up on it and is seems very impressive. It's basically for anyone who would use nitrous otherwise, but wants to save money in the long run by not having to refill bottles.

The ESC actually uses 3 small motors mated to a roots-style blower, looks very interesting. And it's about 2 grand. it claims it can add up to 75 hp for 15 second bursts, good tool for running down the 1320.

AzCivic
04-26-2004, 05:21 AM
yeah that esc did look pretty interesting, someone needs to buy one and test it out.