PDA

View Full Version : SUper CHarger?? Turbo Charger???

MrCLoWnY
09-03-2001, 04:31 AM
mANY PEOPLE HAS ASKED THIS PROBLEM. tHE BETTER CHOICE IS A DECISION YOU HAVE TO MAKE ON YOUR OWN. a SUPER CHARGER IS KNOWN TO BE BETTER THAN TURBO BECUZ IT DOES NOT HAVE ANY LAG FOR THE POWER IS ALWAYS THERE AND YOUR BOOSTIN. tURBO IS KNOWN TO HAVE BETTER TOP END POWER. if YOU DO REASEARCH YOU'LL FIND ENOUGH REASONS TO BACK EACH OF THOSE FORCED INDUCTION. buT I HAVE HEARD FROM TOO MANY PEOPLE THAT jrsc IS NOT COMPARABLE TO A gREDDY TURBOED CIVIC. I HAVE known MANY PEOPLE SPENDING GANG OF MONEY ON A SUPERCHARGER ON THEIR CIVICS AND ONLY RUNNIN LOW 15'S. pREETTY PATHETIC CONSIDERING THAT A GREDDY TURBO KIT COSTS $1500 CAN MKE YOU GO HIGH 14'S. go WITH TURBOCHARGERS. JUST WANTED TO SHARE MY THOUGHT WITH YOU GUYS. LATERS.

2000Pimpinex
09-05-2001, 11:24 PM
MrClOwNy-I'm with ya on the turbo. Although, I don't have one someday I wish to have the power. Some of my fellow civic owning friends always ask why I don't like superchargers. I do like them but turbos have way more potential. Plus a greddy cost like half of what the JRSC cost. Just my opinion.

MrCLoWnY
09-06-2001, 02:07 AM
ThankS.

Ex-Tdo4
09-06-2001, 10:28 PM
Speaking from personal experience, a Greddy Turbo Charger for a d16z6 motor makes way more power vs. a supercharger. My friend owns a 97 civic with a supercharger and he can't get his times any lower than a 15.2, yes traction is an issues as it is with any run, but anyone wanting to get a supercharger will be looking at times in the low 15 sec. range. Greddy Turbo on the other hand, with just a cat back exhaust and no other modification can yield times from 15.3 to 14.7 depending on weather and traction, Civics can handle boost up to 8 lbs and i know plenty of ppl boosting more than that. So if you want that 14 sec car that will give type R's a headache, go with the Greddy Turbo, it is very dependable and very reliable if you "maintain" it correctly. Im not siding with Greddy Turbo, im just speaking from personal experiece. If you decide to get the JRSC, yes it had no lag and very reliable, but im not sure you're gonna be happy with the money you spent. Hope that helps some of you guys out, that are debating the two. If you have any questions, just post them up, i'll try to answer them, and of course the moderators will do the same.

2000Pimpinex
09-07-2001, 03:36 PM
If and when I do go FI, I'm going with the Greddy Turbo. It seems to best suite my needs. I don't want very high boost so I should be set with the greddy.

MrCLoWnY
09-07-2001, 11:57 PM
Due to the Similarity of the two posts the thread was MERged.

Addict
09-30-2001, 09:41 PM
Well I think there's something that can get rid of that turbo lag.... ;)

Try running a supercharger and nitrous. Not a good idea since the supercharger makes its power in the same range as nitrous. But add nitrous to a turbo setup.....:D Perfect compliment. Not to mention the fact that you'll still be in a reasonable price range.

Sorry just had to add my $.02 on this deal.....

hypa
10-01-2001, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Civic_Addict
Try running a supercharger and nitrous.

I'm still trying to figure out how to twin-charge a motor?!?

It seems like a logistical nightmare to me.