PDA

View Full Version : Choosing the right clutch?

Addict
12-26-2001, 07:46 PM
I'm thinking about getting a new clutch since the dealer ahs to rebuild my tranny. I figure they could just "toss" it in while they're at it.

What type of clutch should I look at? I'm not asking brands per say but material. Some say organic, metallic, kevlar, all kinds of stuff.

I don't look to exceed 300HP..... yet. I may get a turbo though I'm not sure yet...

As you can tell I'm fairly illiterate with clutches. That and there's so many choices.....

ebpda9
12-26-2001, 11:01 PM
ok dude if i were you i would get the kevlar clutch. they are lighter, last 3 to 5 times longer than the regular material, they eliminate the flywheel abuse. I wanna rebuild the torque converter, and i'm gonna use kevlar. i worked for the place that makes the kevlar facings for the clutch and i can say they really rock.

http://www.tribco.com

MrCLoWnY
12-27-2001, 01:29 AM
Sup HOndaman, i don't thing we have met yet but i like your sig.

Accord Man
12-27-2001, 08:57 AM
Civic_Addict :

I hope you're right about them *tossing* it in..

Over here, when I go for my tire rotation, they dont even want to swap my winter tires on (2 different set of rims!!).. Thats extra, they say..

ebpda9
12-27-2001, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by MrCLoWnY
Sup HOndaman, i don't thing we have met yet but i like your sig.

nice to meet you too. i never seen u around, maybe i'm just whoring the forums uptop ;)

which part of the sig do u like ?

MrCLoWnY
12-27-2001, 02:13 PM
THis part "I like to live my life quarter a mile at a time ! At least for those 25 seconds i'm free ! "

Im a english major, hahaha well thought out and written..

ebpda9
12-27-2001, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by MrCLoWnY
THis part "I like to live my life quarter a mile at a time ! At least for those 25 seconds i'm free ! "

Im a english major, hahaha well thought out and written..

what do u expect ? It's a SDS Accord

Whtehnda93DXSdn
12-28-2001, 12:19 AM
I have an ACT clutch in my car currenty and like it..

you could also go w/ ClutchMaster or Exedy..hope that migh help a little..:)

ebpda9
12-28-2001, 08:40 AM
ohh yeah by the way Whtehnda93DXSdn mentioned the ACT and the ClutchMaster which uses Tribco's kevlar friction material.