PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Mid pipe ripped off...

Whtehnda93DXSdn
12-14-2001, 09:47 AM
I just can't believe it...My g/f took my civic to take a friend and her kid to the Hospital. They are doin some construction for some new areas there and she got the resonator caught on a manhole cover and ripped it from the cat and bent the pipe in the rear..

It really SUCKS!!! My car is loud as hell right now firing directly from the header. Bottom to mid RPMs my car wants to roll out but I'm hoping to have it fixed here for Xmas..

Just thoght I'd share my frustration....:eek: :no: ;( :mad:

Accord Man
12-14-2001, 10:14 AM
The exhaust was stock right??

Whtehnda93DXSdn
12-14-2001, 01:47 PM
No not at all..I have a Brullen Cat back exhaust w/ 2 1/4 piping and a Hi-flow cat...

Accord Man
12-14-2001, 03:12 PM
ohh noo..

thats sucks even more..

Thats pretty much the setup I was getting for my Accord.. Brullen/high flow cat/ 2 1/4 to 2 1-2 inch piping from front...

So I know how expensive that gear is..

94_AcCoRd_EX
12-14-2001, 03:17 PM
Oh man, sorry to hear that. Hope you get everything fixed soon :yes:

Whtehnda93DXSdn
12-14-2001, 03:28 PM
the dealer I got the Ehaust from is in Canada where Brullen is based out of..I got it for $560 shipped to me here in Va.

I got the cat from Ebay for 65 or 85 shipped....

the dealer I used for my exhaust was www.ppsonline.net
Wayne is the owner and tell him that John w/ the sedan in Va sent you...;) ;)

I hope this helps...

slowEJ6
12-14-2001, 03:38 PM
make some wav files of that badboy while yer running straight off the header, hehe :cool:

Accord Man
12-14-2001, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Whtehnda93DXSdn
the dealer I got the Ehaust from is in Canada where Brullen is based out of..I got it for $560 shipped to me here in Va.

I got the cat from Ebay for 65 or 85 shipped....

the dealer I used for my exhaust was www.ppsonline.net
Wayne is the owner and tell him that John w/ the sedan in Va sent you...;) ;)

I hope this helps...

Brullen, based in canada??

Last time I checked they were German..

Whtehnda93DXSdn
12-15-2001, 02:18 AM
Accord you are right..I was busy while at work when I put that and was basically meaning that he was in Cananda..

brullen is German all the way...:eek: :)

the exhaust is great. I got the 4" resinated tip and I love the low sound it has and roars at higher RPM's...

90civiclxryder
12-15-2001, 01:06 PM
watch out if its really loud because a cop whos having a bad day will pull you over for that

Accord Man
12-15-2001, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by 90civiclxryder
watch out if its really loud because a cop whos having a bad day will pull you over for that

I guess thats something we'll just have to live with..

Somehow I doubt cops will ever be on the same side as us.. Concerning cars..

94_AcCoRd_EX
12-15-2001, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Accord Man

I guess thats something we'll just have to live with..

Yeah, that's not something I'm too worried about... the fines aren't much anyway.

Whtehnda93DXSdn
12-15-2001, 11:23 PM
I've been on radar watch more than ever riding around w/ it like this.

It does get worrysome but if I have to drive it from time to time now I'll live w/ it..

If I do get pulled though that's why I have my prepaid legal amd my legal shield to present them...;) :)

Whtehnda93DXSdn
12-16-2001, 01:01 AM
if you want to hear my ride check out the link..

http://www.absolutemobileperfection.com/Videos/civicvscivic.mpg

I also put it in the civic forum...5.6mb

enjoy....;)

Accord Man
12-16-2001, 08:06 AM
hehe

Cool vid!!

I see that you have some sort of attraction for the accelerator pedal!

:eek: :P ;)

Whtehnda93DXSdn
12-17-2001, 08:28 AM
Yeah just goofing off hitting the accelorator......I wasn;t looking to start that race yet is why I was and then we were off and my RPM's were a little hight so I went into the spinning game...

To bad the truck pulled in the road ro I would have let the Ole Vtec have it..;) :eek:

Whtehnda93DXSdn
12-30-2001, 02:27 AM
my mom ordered my mid pipe for me for Xmas and it was supposed to be in the friday before Xmas..Well we called this past Friday and they told her it was on Back Order and won't be back in til after the 1st of Jan. and this is after the one guy that sold it to her told her it was being shipped 3day.

another week or 2 w/out a full exhaust..I hate it!!! just venting...:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: