PDA

View Full Version : Offering my services...

Jngrbrdman
12-06-2001, 03:55 PM
I have the worlds best job. I'm on salary and I don't have to clock in or out. All I have to do is show up right now. I am a trainer and I don't have any other classes to train till Feb. so I am pretty bored right now.

Since I am bored I surf the web all day long. If you don't have the time to look for something then post it up or PM me and I'll look endlessly for it till I find the best website for you. I've done it before on other boards and I have gotten pretty good at it.

I just thought I'd let you know that if you are looking for something or whatever then I can probably help you find it. I have nothing else to do so I figured I might as well offer. :)

Continue driving like you stole it my teg brothers! ;)

2ndGenTeg
12-07-2001, 01:29 AM
I'll take you up on that.

Would you see if you can find something for me. I need a CR-V spec performance head gasket. It will more than likely be designed for use in CR-VTEC, but that's not even close to what I'm using it for.

Thanks for your help.

TruHeel142
12-07-2001, 12:29 PM
"Drive it like you stole it"

That's a nice quote, I'll keep it in mind!

And thanks for offering the help, if I need anything I'll ask you about. So, if at all possible, could you help find the best deal on an Integra type-r spoiler??? I want one for my 97 Teg rs, any help would be awesome, thanks if so.

qwikenuf
12-07-2001, 01:34 PM
cool...thanks tru!

i'll let you know....

Jngrbrdman
12-07-2001, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by TruHeel142
"Drive it like you stole it"

That's a nice quote, I'll keep it in mind!

And thanks for offering the help, if I need anything I'll ask you about. So, if at all possible, could you help find the best deal on an Integra type-r spoiler??? I want one for my 97 Teg rs, any help would be awesome, thanks if so.

The best deals I've seen on spoilers have been on ebay. That is really a good source. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=598848636&r=0&t=0 That one you can pick up for 125. What color is your car and I'll check some of my other sources. It shouldn't be too hard. Before I settled on the OEM spoiler on my car I searched all over the place. I know of some pretty good sites for spoilers. 125 is a really good deal. Here is another site by way of comparison... http://www.autoaccessory.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/product/AutoAccessorycom/prod2frame.d2w/report?prrfnbr=147560&prmenbr=402

2ndGenTeg
12-08-2001, 03:34 AM
Found my head gasket.

For any of you looking to build a CR-VTEC, look into Cometic gaskets. Nice and strong, plus you can get a thick one that will hopefully take a beating from the bore and a high CR.

Jngrbrdman
12-08-2001, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by 2ndGenTeg
Found my head gasket.

For any of you looking to build a CR-VTEC, look into Cometic gaskets. Nice and strong, plus you can get a thick one that will hopefully take a beating from the bore and a high CR.

I'm glad you found it. I was looking for ya but I was having a tough time finding anything that wasn't OEM or just plain cheap. :) Let me know if I can look for something for you in the future.

TruHeel142
12-08-2001, 04:36 PM
Thanks a ton jngrbrdman!

My car's white. $125 is incredible. If I can find another one for that price, that'd be awesome. I guess I'll just keep an eye out on EBay for one. And if you find any others, please let me know on this thread. Your help is really appreciated! :)

3000gtvr4spd
12-09-2001, 02:34 AM
can you find me a japinese front end just the bumper peice the plastic not the hole mettle piece and tell me how much it costs id apppreatite it thanx its on a 90 integra.

Jngrbrdman
12-09-2001, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by 3000gtvr4spd
can you find me a japinese front end just the bumper peice the plastic not the hole mettle piece and tell me how much it costs id apppreatite it thanx its on a 90 integra.

I'm on it. I'm having a little problem locating one but I'll keep looking. I'm at home this weekend and most of my good stuff is at work so let me see what I can come up with for ya. :)

choop
01-07-2002, 04:23 PM
Hi there. I am looking for a driver's side door handle for my 97 Integra. Some jerk scraped the hell outa mine when I was parked and didn't leave a note!!!!!! I called Acura and they said it would be like 86 bucks. I've looked on the internet but can't find any. If you could find one cheaper i'd appreciate it. Oh yeah the color is Adriatic Blue. Thanks soooooo much.

Choop

tightteg52
01-08-2002, 12:36 AM
Ok bro heres a challenge for ya find me a good fairly complete turbo set up for the neghborhood of 2500-3000 thanks for your help man.

Jngrbrdman
01-11-2002, 12:59 PM
Gotcha. Door handle, check. Turbo, check. I'll browse till my eyeballs blister. :) Have you tried ebay for any of that? The great thing about ebay is that it might not be there today but it'll be there tomorrow. :)

Oh, try a junkyard for that handle. You may get lucky. I'll jump on these.

I haven't had any luck with that 90 front end yet. I'm still looking though. ;)

tightteg52
01-11-2002, 11:47 PM
YOU SAID SERVICE!!!!!:P :P :P

Jngrbrdman
01-16-2002, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by tightteg52
Ok bro heres a challenge for ya find me a good fairly complete turbo set up for the neghborhood of 2500-3000 thanks for your help man.

Ok. I have some leads on the Turbo. I'm not sure what kind you were looking for so I just looked for turbos in general. These are about the best I could find that was as complete as they are. Let me know if I need to narrow the search any.

http://www.overboost.com/obs/product.asp?pid=873

http://www.i-m-racing.com/gredtdinturk.html <---No intercooler.

SexyTeg
02-01-2002, 03:05 AM
Well if you have the time, can I please have you find me the best deal on an AEM CAI for a nonvtec '96 Integra with or w/o bypass valve? Cheapest deal I've found was 165 shipped btw.

Oh and I also need sway bars & strut bars. I don't know much about swar/strut bars but I hear suspension techniques are decent. Anybody know which combination would be the best for my car? Brand & which bars(i.e. front/rear tower, front/rear lower tie along with sway bars). Looking for the most bang for the buck!

Thanks alot.

Jngrbrdman
02-01-2002, 09:27 PM
Well, that is a pretty good deal for the AEM. I know if you went on ebay you could get a no name CAI for 70 bucks. I don't see how the AEM will perform any better but if that's what you want then $165 is the best deal I've ever found on it too. I'd go for it. You could possibly find a used one for less but I think $165 is a really good deal for an AEM.

I'll look into the bars for ya. It really depends on what kind of suspension mods you already have done. Is your car lowered? That could make a difference. procarparts.com has some smokin deals for strut bars if you want to look. They have an ITR front strut tower bar and rear upper tie bar for like 65 bucks. Really nice looking. Check into them. Keep your eyes out on the For Sale forums on message boards too. I've found most of my good stuff on message boards.

Integra221
02-01-2002, 09:44 PM
Well im sure everyone here is apreciative of your services. So here i go with my questions. I have a 93 Integra ls and i am looking to run 13's. Now here are my thoughts ls/vtec done the right way for about 3000-3800. Or a b16a2 build up for about the same price. I want to go all motor and just raise the compression on the b16. Which of these 2 do you thing would be a better idea.

Also i am looking for exhaust right now one that would be good for a all motor engine. Many people have been telling me that universal mufler would be a good way to go with custom piping. However, there are several uni. mufflers that do not hook up right to 2nd generation tegs. So what are you idea on this and also what would be a good type of muffler for me to buy.

Thanks,
-chris-

Feel free to email more or just post thanks.

SexyTeg
02-01-2002, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Jngrbrdman
Well, that is a pretty good deal for the AEM. I know if you went on ebay you could get a no name CAI for 70 bucks. I don't see how the AEM will perform any better but if that's what you want then $165 is the best deal I've ever found on it too. I'd go for it. You could possibly find a used one for less but I think $165 is a really good deal for an AEM.

I'll look into the bars for ya. It really depends on what kind of suspension mods you already have done. Is your car lowered? That could make a difference. procarparts.com has some smokin deals for strut bars if you want to look. They have an ITR front strut tower bar and rear upper tie bar for like 65 bucks. Really nice looking. Check into them. Keep your eyes out on the For Sale forums on message boards too. I've found most of my good stuff on message boards.

Thanks alot.
Do you know if those Type R front/rear strut bars are Honda made or made by some other company? Cause I'm thinking maybe it might be made by procarparts.com exlusively for the Type R and that they might not be factory. That is a sweet deal though. Also would they be a perfect fit for my car(96ls-s)? Sorry if that's a stupid question. Just wanna make sure.

Never mind, I'm just going to ask procarparts.com. Can you give me advice on what combination of strut bars and sway bars I should use? My car isn't dropped and I don't plan on doing that for a while.
Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it. ;)

2ndGenTeg
02-02-2002, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by Integra221
...Now here are my thoughts ls/vtec done the right way for about 3000-3800. Or a b16a2 build up for about the same price. I want to go all motor and just raise the compression on the b16. ...

You can't do an LS/VTEC the right way for that much, unless you plan on doing all the work yourself, and that's not even touching the head.

I'm personally a much bigger fan of the B16A and B18C, and especially the B17A. The geometry is much better, and the cranks are much better suited to high RPM applications.

Jngrbrdman
02-02-2002, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by SexyTeg

Thanks alot.
Do you know if those Type R front/rear strut bars are Honda made or made by some other company? Cause I'm thinking maybe it might be made by procarparts.com exlusively for the Type R and that they might not be factory. That is a sweet deal though. Also would they be a perfect fit for my car(96ls-s)? Sorry if that's a stupid question. Just wanna make sure.

Never mind, I'm just going to ask procarparts.com. Can you give me advice on what combination of strut bars and sway bars I should use? My car isn't dropped and I don't plan on doing that for a while.
Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it. ;)

The bars on procarparts.com aren't OEM but they are exact copies. I have an OEM one and I bought the procarparts one by way of comparison. The only difference is the material the black parts on the end are made of. That is it. Color, weight, everything was exactly the same as the bar I had in my car. I had the Civic Type R bar but it is the same thing as the Integra.

The best bar to get would be a nuspeed bar with the 4 point support. Those are way nice. If you mainly drive in a straight line, like me, then you don't really need a beefy bar. I like the looks of mine just fine. I'll post a pic if you want.

You'll probably have better luck getting recomendations on what kind of sway bars to get by starting a thread on it. If you can come back with a size or brand then I can find it but I'm not very good at suggesting suspension parts. My suspension is still all stock and besides the front ITR bar and rear upper tie bar, all my bars are stock too.

Jngrbrdman
02-02-2002, 06:35 PM
Here's a link to my engine bay with the procarparts.com ITR bar in it.

http://photos.onebigvillage.com/pubimage.asp?id_=81974

SexyTeg
02-02-2002, 09:35 PM
The bar looks nice and clean and they are definitely priced right. How does the handling feel with the bars on? Does it noticeably improve performance in cornering?
Also, I've noticed that the brand name companies make different bars for different trim levels of the integra .. usually the type r gets its own model. Do you know if these bars will be a perfect fit on my car? I asked procarparts.com, but they gave me all this info that had nothing to do with my question and didn't even give me an answer.

Thanks alot.

Jngrbrdman
02-03-2002, 12:38 PM
It is definatly stiffer than the stock bar. That thing is a piece of junk. The ITR bar is really nice. The only reason that the Type R gets a special bar is so people will recognize it. The size is exactly the same. The bar will fit any integra or civic. I sold my stock bar to a dude with a del sol and it fit fine. I'd get it. Unless you have 100 bones or more for a neuspeed (or however its spelled) bar then I'd go for the show of the ITR bar. It is definatly stiffer and I like it a lot.

You can see on the pic how it mounts. There are a couple bolts right next to the top of the strut. There are bars that fit on the lower part but the ITR bar just goes over the top ones and you just put the nuts on over the top. Takes 2 seconds to install.

SexyTeg
02-03-2002, 02:04 PM
I'll be ordering those very soon.
Thanks alot!