PDA

View Full Version : cooling fans not working... HeLp!i!i!i!

Slody 4 Futbol
05-15-2003, 03:53 PM
ok... my car... 94 integra LS... i busted my radiator the other day... so we bought one from the acura dealership and me and my dad put it in... and everything worked... but he wanted 2 put a new thermostat in 2 be on the safe side... so i bought a medium temperature therm. for my car... we put it in 2day... and now when i turn the car on... NEITHER one of the radiator fans come on... we didn't unplug 'em when we put the new thermostat in... so does anyone have any ideas? shouldn't one fan come on when u turn the car on?? help please!!

ebpda9
05-15-2003, 04:00 PM
no they are nor supposed to come on when the car is running. they shoucl kick in when the temp reaches 214 ond the other one will kick in at 236 degrees

Slody 4 Futbol
05-15-2003, 04:07 PM
wow i didn't know that... well mine were runnin 1 at all times and the 2nd later on... i think... oh well so do u know why it would have been running like that b4? maybe a broken thermostat? the one we pulled out looked 2 be the stock one... it had 7/93 on it for maybe the date made? maybe i dunno... and the rubber was cracking and my dad chipped it away with his fingernails...

ebpda9
05-15-2003, 04:17 PM
it might be a faulty sensor. you should have 3 temp sensors: one for the ecu and the gauge and 2 for the fans.