PDA

View Full Version : INTEGRA FAQ's

tightteg52
11-29-2001, 09:47 PM
OK i've talked about it here it goes. first off i would like to make a disclaimer these fix its are not necasarly(SP) condoned by acura but me or the person submiting found it to work as w/ anything you do on your car it is your responsabilty and i take no blame for you blowing an engine due to over boost or what not.

Problem: Squeaky hatch: a while a go i was driving at like 12:30 Am and had the radio down and noticed an obnoxious squeak coming from the hatch The following day i went to pepboys and bought a $2 tube of white lithium grease applied it to the shocks on it and that stoped that problem. Lithium grease also helped my passenger side window that got off track same w/ my sunroof.

Problem: Rattling: well my car rattled for some time what i did was have a friend apply liberal gas while listened to the engine first thing discovered the heat shiled infront of the header was a little loose that quieted it a little then i inspected the bottom heat shield a there was a rock in the heat shiled and there was a loose bolt hence problem fixed.

Problem: Boring taillights: i got sick of the stock look of my 94 taillights so uppon searchin i found testors transparent candy apple read to emit just the right amount of light all you need to dow is tape the area around the taillight housing and tape off the backup light (if you dont want to risk a fix it ticket i didn't block it but some of you might want to keep a white back up but thats your choice. then just clean it off and dry it and spray two or three light coats of the paint.

Problem: im out of problems so if you have anything you would like added post it up and i will do my best.

as a side note somtime early next year i will be writing a how to on swapping an engine that should be interesting.

THIS PORTION SUBMITTED BY JNGRBRDMAN Problem: boring headlights
Solution: 9005 conversion! Just buy some brights (9005) and shave them till they fit. Basicly it is just the two guides down the middle and you have to trim the tab a little till it fits. Just use your 9006 bulb for a guide. I used a sodering iron to help melt it away and a sharp knife to cut it. I've heard of people using files too. Whatever works. Your light output will be much better than any 9006 bulb you could put in there. By way of comparison check out this pic that Jay Jay on honda-acura.net got of just the stock 9005 converted to the 9006 plug. The 9005 is on the right side of the pic. http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid27/pa602cd9f3d05b75532d69516c224eb3f/fe19a5fe.jpg.orig.jpg

There is a great improvement of visibility. I used the Sylvania Cool Blue bulbs because they are only like 12 bucks apiece if you get them at like ShopKo or something. They shine bright white with a hint of blue. Very cool looking. Try it out. It is easy.

Problem: dirty car
Solution: Hey, I'm a professional detailer. If you have a question about taking care of your car then let me know. I love to help people get their cars looking like show cars. www.properautocare.com is my favorite site to order car care stuff. Blackfire is some of the most awesome sealant I have ever seen. It will blow you away how much better it is than any wax you have ever used. Klasse will also blow your mind. They are availible on that website.

Problem: Short ram intake doesn't get cold air
Solution: Heh heh heh... You may have to sneak around your appartment complex to pull this one off. I took some of that hose that my appartment complex attaches to the bottom of the gutter drain pipe that directs the water and put it between the filter and the bottom of my engine bay. It was a tight fit but that assures me it won't fall out. I cut out a little of that plastic skirt under the nose so I could rig a little scoop to help force air up the pipe to the filter. The pipe is black and isn't ever noticed by anyone. It doesn't get close to anything hot so you don't have to worry about it melting. It is a very easy mod that I believe actually improves performance. I like the sound the short ram intake gives me so I'm not willing to switch to a long tube one. It is something you might want to try. You could probably find that type of drain hose at any hardware store too. I thought about dryer hose but decided it would be too flimsy.

Problem: Visibility durring rain storms
Solution: Wax your windshield. RainX is great but it wears off too soon. Waxing your windshield will give you the same effect that rainX does and your wipers won't stick to the glass. Just watch all that spray from the semi truck next to you just bead up and zip away off your windshield when you are driving. It works. It helps keep your windows from being a pain in the ass to scrape when they ice up too. They will actually take longer to freeze than other cars so they will be eaiser to scrape.

TruHeel142
01-03-2002, 11:54 PM
about the rattling sound in the hatch, that's weird cause I don't hear it. Maybe its already been fixed or maybe it'll start up someday, but I don't have to worry bout that for now.

Accord Man
01-04-2002, 10:16 AM
Interesting article! I'm sure it'll help out many folks..

---------------------------------------------------------------------
On a different note; tightteg52 & TruHeel142 .. Could one of you change your avatar? I'm always confused between the both of you!

:) :yes:

TruHeel142
01-04-2002, 11:24 AM
hahahaha sure rr, didn't kno it confused so many!

Accord Man
01-04-2002, 02:36 PM
thanks.

:)

SexyTeg
01-16-2002, 03:10 PM
Where exactly do you apply the grease for the squeaky hatch and sunroof? I got squeaks!:confused:

tightteg52
01-16-2002, 05:30 PM
apply the grease to the silver part and slide it up and down did the trick for me!

geeser
02-22-2002, 07:08 PM
To anyone doing the 9005 conversion that hasn't already done it: pay the extra cash and get the Sylvania Silverstars. I had the cool blues in mine for about a week and then I decided to go for the gusto and splerge on some Silverstars. It really did yield a HUGE increase in light IMO. The SS were much brighter and whiter than the CB's.