PDA

View Full Version : Faster integra

TJC
11-28-2001, 04:55 PM
What can I do to make my acura lighter and faster without removing the seats or A/C. I would like to keep it in the comp 4 class for now. I am not very familiar with NIRA rules yet help me out?:confused:

94_AcCoRd_EX
11-28-2001, 07:26 PM
Just so you know, you will get more reposnses posting this in the Teg forum. I'm not familiar with the rules either, but what do you have done so far? I/H/E, etc?

TJC
11-29-2001, 03:32 PM
only thing on here so far is short ram intake. makes about +6 HP
just got it though, more coming.

94_AcCoRd_EX
11-29-2001, 04:23 PM
Well, to start with, I'd get header and exhaust next, and then go from there.

tightteg52
11-30-2001, 12:35 AM
well if you want lightening im not familar w/ rules but a few easy things to do are a Carbon fiber hood,remove spare tire and jack,take out any sound deading in the doors if you dont minda an annoyigly loud ride thats bout all i can think of. hope that helps some

OneDopeTeg
11-30-2001, 01:49 AM
easiest way to shave weight=go on a diet and get down to horse jockey size :)

2ndGenTeg
11-30-2001, 09:58 AM
Remove your power steering and ABS systems- cuts down on paratsitic drag. There are a million and one parts out there to add power- decide what direction you want to go. H/E don't add as much power as people would lead you to believe- you'll be better off with some cams and cam gears. I don't really know how to answer this- it's a pretty open ended question.

Lovebuzz13
12-15-2001, 02:18 AM
Try these sites...

Team Integra (http://www.team-integra.net/ti/front/front.asp)

LS Extreme (http://www.integra.f2s.com/)

slowEJ6
12-15-2001, 04:22 PM
get a titanium exhaust......very light.

get a short shifter....does wonders for ones times.

get some civic VX wheels, 13" 9lbs a piece.

carbon fiber hood yeah, but fiberglass units tend to be lighter. and its not like you have to get it painted, you can use stock on the road and fiberglass on the track.

replace windows with Lexan units and possibly replace doors with lightweight fiberglass ones. strictly for race though, VERY unsafe on the road (not streetable to begin with).