PDA

View Full Version : Loose something in gearbox??please help

tim haas
04-11-2003, 06:44 PM
okay, my transmission sounds weird right before i shift gears into 2nd and 3rd. Someone told me that it oculd be the gearbox something is loose in there. Does this sounds typicaL? thanks, and about how much u think it'll run me?

ebpda9
04-11-2003, 10:45 PM
well it's kind of hard to come up with a diagnostic without hearing it first. my guess is that a bearing might be shot. did u notice any torque steer at all ?

tim haas
04-12-2003, 08:27 PM
torque steer? hmm, dunno what that is sorry. I havent known anything else that has been a problem accompanied by this tho...my 2nd gear syncro is bad i believe tho....so what is the best thing to do in order to get this thing fixed? Please dont say honda dealer cuz they have ridiculous pricing..

drdingo21
04-12-2003, 08:32 PM
i had the same problem, and i thought it was a sncco going out, but in fact it was my clutch. I had the smae problems you are tlaking about, i could shift into any gear fine, except from 2nd to 3rd, got my clutch replaced in everything is fine.

ebpda9
04-13-2003, 01:08 AM
yeah i would say clutch too.

tim haas
04-13-2003, 01:04 PM
thanks a lot guys...i was going to replace it anyways....okay, now the question is of what clutch to go with? act or centerforce? and what level...im pretty hard on shifting and the clutch, so i dunno. Also, i would probably get one off ebay cuz they're a lot cheaper there. Um, how much would a clutch install usually run? thanks a lot, later

tim haas
04-13-2003, 01:05 PM
oh, and drdingo...did you hear the weird low weedwacker sounding(hard to explain) right before you shifted too? thanks

ebpda9
04-13-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by tim haas
oh, and drdingo...did you hear the weird low weedwacker sounding(hard to explain) right before you shifted too? thanks

i had that on my old 91 loyale before the clutch went out.

Addict
04-14-2003, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by drdingo21
i had the same problem, and i thought it was a sncco going out, but in fact it was my clutch. I had the smae problems you are tlaking about, i could shift into any gear fine, except from 2nd to 3rd, got my clutch replaced in everything is fine.

Same problem here. Only I haven't gotten my clutch replaced yet...:|