PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust

Spitz
03-17-2003, 04:28 PM
It just got warm in wisconsin finally so i am looking into an exhaust i was wondering if anyone has an opinion on what is the best i have a 2000 Civic Ex thanks a lot.

oc civic
03-17-2003, 04:33 PM
looking for sound, budget, looks, power???? I strongly recommend ANY apex'i product... i personalyt like the N-1 thats what i have..

Spitz
03-17-2003, 04:39 PM
alright i am looking for a mixture of sound and performance money doesn't really matter within reason.

oc civic
03-17-2003, 04:43 PM
APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I APEX'I

as i stated i love my N-1 Great quality...

iRACEmyCTR
03-17-2003, 05:05 PM
i bet you're really bored at work right now... i know i'll be hating my life at shoprite in 5min

pdiggitydogg
03-17-2003, 06:30 PM
THERMAL R&D

jjcivic92
03-17-2003, 08:38 PM
What is y'alls opinion on a Ravin muffler? People have told me they make some really good mufflers, then some people have never even heard of them.

94_AcCoRd_EX
03-17-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by jjcivic92
What is y'alls opinion on a Ravin muffler? People have told me they make some really good mufflers, then some people have never even heard of them.

Get a full cat-back exhaust if you want a power gain at all. Don't mess with just a muffler.

iRACEmyCTR
03-17-2003, 09:35 PM
take the money you would spend on the muffler and use it to fix whatevers wrong with your suspension.

Spitz
03-17-2003, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the help guys

jjcivic92
03-17-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by iRACEmyCTR
take the money you would spend on the muffler and use it to fix whatevers wrong with your suspension.

Man, you don't know how many times people have told me that same thing. That and "man you car is like a monster truck or something, you need to lower that joker. There isn't anything wrong with the suspension actually. I don't have it lowered, plus there's a lot of weight in the back with the bandpass box and junk. But I also plan to get that taken care of. I just don't know how low I need to go with it. I live down a dirt road :no: So what about Ravin exhaust systems?

iRACEmyCTR
03-18-2003, 05:57 AM
never heard of it

jjcivic92
03-18-2003, 11:33 AM
Alright that's cool. A lot of people I have asked haven't heard of it. But, the ones who have, said they were pretty good.

www.goravin.com

Spitz
03-18-2003, 01:10 PM
anyone have an opininon on where to buy from...

ebpda9
03-18-2003, 04:39 PM
THERMAL R&D

cashizslick
03-18-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
THERMAL R&D

Yeah, but get the classic system, the stealth is too mellow of a tone - the classic is more of an agressive DEEP tone.

ebpda9
03-18-2003, 05:40 PM
that's what i got. for my accord was like 470, but i sell them for around 510-540 shipped.

jjcivic92
03-21-2003, 06:26 PM
I got my muffler put on today. It is a Ravin, awesome muffler (so far, give you a full rating on it in 2 weeks or so). It has a really nice tone, no "pissed off bumble bee in a tin can" sound. I really like it. It's deep, but not real loud. I'm going to get my catalytic converter cut open and cleaned out. That will help out dramatically, and then I'm buying a Bomz cold air intake system. That way I'll have force pushing air in and out.

njm92383
03-21-2003, 11:06 PM
My bro has Apex'i and it sounds horrible. A friend of mine has tanabe racing exhust and it sounds sweet. I also have a 2000 civic ex and looking for exhust so let me know what you get and how it sounds

Senshi
03-22-2003, 10:35 AM
tsudo makes a really good sounding muffler, my friend has dual tsudos and it sounds bad ass

imports_only98
03-22-2003, 11:40 AM
i have friends that have tanabes and they really dont sound all that great on n/a cars in my opinion. the apexi n1 is a little loud for my liking, but even tho its loud, it still doesnt sound out of control obnoxious. im pretty partial to the JIC systems...thats what ill be getting on my car.

akemi27
03-22-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by oc civic
looking for sound, budget, looks, power???? I strongly recommend ANY apex'i product... i personalyt like the N-1 thats what i have..

on the tip of the muffler there's a screw and bolt that seems to be holding down on something...what happens if i take it out of my n1 exhaust? the screw got really rusty over the winter months so i want to take it out, but have no idea what it's holding? LOVE MY N1

Mirkwo0dForest
03-23-2003, 08:47 AM
yo my muffler soundz THE SHIZZLE and i just bought sum cheap $50 one off eBay... 4.5 inch tip diameter... not that squealy sound though, very deep... AWESOME!! i luv it. If you get just the muffler, make sure you giv it a while to break in, mine didn't start sounding kick-ass untill about a week and a half after i put it on. good luck! :ricer: :ricer: :ricer: :ricer: :ricer: :ricer: :ricer: :ricer: :ricer: :ricer: :ricer:

wheresmylicense
03-23-2003, 01:10 PM
so i'm gathering.... get apex'i, don't get tanabe, or get tanbe, but apex'i sounds bad... hmmmm... i think i need to hear them for myself... does anyone have an opinion on greddy? also, another question, will an exhaust sound different one you put an intake on it...?

pdiggitydogg
03-23-2003, 02:20 PM
putting an inake on will change the overall sound of the car, yes. SRI will be the louder than CAI

and I still stick with my choice of thermal stealth...you dont want it too be too loud do you? Its very mellow but it can scream if you want it too...just drop gear and floor it

jjcivic92
03-23-2003, 06:29 PM
Right now, I'm running a Ravin muffler, and when in Idle you really don't hear it that much, but it sounds good on the road. It's mellow, but can be deep if you want it too. Also, all I have is the muffler and that's all I plan to have. I'm thinking about getting the catalytic converter gutted, but I'm not really sure about it.

trabadoor22
03-25-2003, 11:11 PM
i think the muffler depends on what sound you think sounds good . to me a nice mellow deep sound is what i am after . nothing obnoxiously loud or ricey . on my last car a '97 civic lx i got a magnaflow cat-back system . it was the perfect match for me and the price is awesome . you can get them for easily under $400 and they come with a lifetime warranty . it deffinitly made a noticably difference for the better in performance . waaayyyy better response . only problem is now i just bought a 03 civic si and apparently magnaflow doesnt make a system for it yet . ive heard greddy is supposed to be similar in that it has a mellow sound , but ive never heard one .

Fatal070
03-26-2003, 01:09 PM
APEXI N1 FULL CAT :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

cashizslick
03-26-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Spitz
alright i am looking for a mixture of sound and performance money doesn't really matter within reason.

Get a thermal

cashizslick
03-26-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by wheresmylicense
so i'm gathering.... get apex'i, don't get tanabe, or get tanbe, but apex'i sounds bad... hmmmm... i think i need to hear them for myself... does anyone have an opinion on greddy? also, another question, will an exhaust sound different one you put an intake on it...?

Yes, the intake will allow your exhaust to push out more air, and sound better. If you are gonna get Greddy, dont get the SP system i heard it rusts around the welds.

sleepin98civic
03-30-2003, 09:44 PM
im all about the 5 zigen cat back, i have one and i love it!! it gave me great top end pull and good midrange and i didnt sacrifice any low end with it either... sounds quiet when i dont get on it but when i do it opens up really loud but in a low deep growl... sits up high on the bottom of my car too..

SilverCiv
03-31-2003, 04:22 PM
What 5zigen, the fireball? super medallion?

sleepin98civic
03-31-2003, 04:31 PM
i have the 5 zigen fireball cat back.. i love it.

http://www.geocities.com/sleepincivic/car/leftside.jpg thats not that good of a pic but u can see it from the back a little.

cashizslick
03-31-2003, 04:35 PM
Get a thermal - no rice [its quite nice]

sleepin98civic
03-31-2003, 05:36 PM
the fireball isnt rice at all.. its a nice setup that is quiet and quality is great

cashizslick
04-01-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by sleepin98civic
the fireball isnt rice at all.. its a nice setup that is quiet and quality is great

True, but there are so many imitation ghetto mufflers that look just like it - thats why i'd never get one.

h0ndakilla
04-24-2003, 08:16 PM
Whats the best exhaust for Power.. that doesnt make to much sound cuz i dont want the pigs screwin with me

Spitz
04-24-2003, 11:40 PM
thanks for your opinions everyone i just ordered an apexi n1 cat back on monday from the local shop it should be in any day. Maybe i'll post some pictures when it's done, like you guys haven't seen an exhaust. I am just pumped because i am the only the only kid at my high school to buy a decent car with his own money(not mommy and daddys) and the only kid not driving a 80's trash camaro that mods his car with his own money. So please excuse my extreme pleasure over a simple exhaust.

RavingCivic
04-26-2003, 03:25 AM
Hey, for the WHERe TO BUY question..... HIT me UP i can get what ever exhaust u want Cheaper than anywhere on the NET or in any RICEBOI shops:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
my AIM name is DanyeruDono

i am looking to get an exhaust as well... for my 97 civic EX......i am looking at GReddy EVO, HKS (Sport or High Power) or APEXi N1....
IF anyone has any of these exhausts LEt me know about the sound, HP gains, and HOW many tickets u have gotten for the damn noise violation:cool: