PDA

View Full Version : windshield wiper

gatormatt
03-16-2003, 09:43 PM
i have a 92 prelude and the drivers side windshield wiper has been going past the window when it wipes to the left, which causes it to get stuck in the up position. i took it off and tried to position it at a position lower than normal when it starts. that worked for a while, but today in the rain it got stuck again, and i almost killed myself. i can grab the wiper and pull it far past vertical and past the window. does anyone have an idea for how to make the wiper stop at the vertical position, so that i can avoid a premature death. thanks for any help.

blind34_1
03-16-2003, 11:03 PM
a mod will tell you that you only need to post your question once, ie dont cross post...

anyway, sounds like the wiper motor is getting a little excited. Maybe a new one will help, but doesn't a windshield have a big ol rubber seal all the way around it? That should stop your wiper. I guess I dont understand how its getting stuck.

gatormatt
03-16-2003, 11:21 PM
yeah that rubber seal is what it is getting stuck on. about the last inch of the wiper goes past that. i think before i go with a new motor i'm gonna try using the same size wiper blade as is on the right side since it is slightly smaller. would you happen to know how much a wiper motor is.