PDA

View Full Version : Gauge cluster bulbs, how-to...

HondaTypeJ
03-14-2003, 07:38 PM
If any of you fellow G3 Teg owners are interested in brightening up your gauge cluster without getting Indiglo Gauges, I have put together this how-to word document with pictures. If anyone is interested I am more than happy to email it to you. Just let me know!

ebpda9
03-15-2003, 01:54 AM
post it up you lazy ass ;)

HondaTypeJ
03-16-2003, 11:01 AM
Lol. Ya your right. Here you go!
-----
Tools Needed
Philips head screw driver (magnetic would be best)

Bulbs used can be any type as long as they are size 194. These bulbs can be purchased at almost any automotive stores such as pep boys, performance car places, Internet, maybe even wal-mart.

Step One:

Take out those 2 screws and remove the "bezel" *lower steering wheel, this may help

Step Two:

Remove These 3 screws.
TIP - don't lose these screws, they are important

Step Three:

Remove Gauge Cluster and but not all the way.
Turn it around and disconnect plugs.
TIP - To save yourself any cutting. Just leave the zip tie on. You can work around it.

Step Four:

Turn those three bulbs a quarter turn and pull it out.
Change the bulbs inside
Put them back in when finished
TIP - Do one at a time. Bulbs are removed by pulling them out, and installed by pushing them in.

Step Five:
Put everything back in and test to see if it works.
NOTE: It won't light up well until it is dark outside

Result:

HondaTypeJ
03-16-2003, 11:07 AM
Step 1

HondaTypeJ
03-16-2003, 11:08 AM
Step 2

HondaTypeJ
03-16-2003, 11:09 AM
Result

C's 94 InTeGrA
03-30-2003, 12:01 PM
Heck yea i love how i changed mine and the cost was only less than $3.00 than paying 90$ for indiglos.. i made mine red like in the pic but they look a heck of a lot better in person. now i havent seen a blub or anything for the climate controls and i have took mine apart to see wat kind of blub i have and i was wondering on how u would change those cause i dont think they made a small enough bulb for them... maybe a bulb condom or something?

2kCivicEX
04-26-2003, 07:49 PM
im guessing it would be similar to do this for a civic??? or how much different would it be...ill have to take mine apart and see:yes:

C's 94 InTeGrA
04-27-2003, 08:53 PM
ya it is... they take the same kind of bulb for the Integras. 194R. my friend did blue in his civic and it looks really good

2kCivicEX
04-27-2003, 10:25 PM
ok well i took mine apart, and there is the same 194R bulbs you have in the Teg, however theres only one of that size, with 4 smaller ones for the tach and the gas/temp gauges.....i looked in my Helms shop manual, and it just says 194s, but they are def smaller then the 194R.....

anyway, im gonna keep looking at a few more auto part stores, lemme know if you have any ideas on where to look

ebpda9
04-27-2003, 10:28 PM
i will use varad leds for it, and some flourescent paint for that electric look to it :yes:

2kCivicEX
04-28-2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
i will use varad leds for it, and some flourescent paint for that electric look to it :yes:

how would you hook those LEDs up to where the bulbs used to be? or are they the same size :confused: get a pic up when youre done.....if that looks brighter, i might try that