PDA

View Full Version : Sad times...

Duckydos
03-12-2003, 05:50 PM
You know those people who get a POS car, and fix it up all nice? Well I got a nice car and turned it into a POS. lol
Anyways, my latest adventure is this: We were at the beach this Saturday when I thought that it would be fun to ramp my car off of the sand dunes. Well, seeing how my car is 2" lower, this would be a bad idea to anyone with common sense... not me :D So, after a few jumps, it finally happened. I stuffed the front end into hard packed sand. The bumper came flying off (no big deal, it's polyeurthane and popped right back into place) and the hood popped open. This is what I don't get.
Why the hizzel won't my hood shut? I checked the latch, it isn't bent nor moved. Infact, nothing on the front end is bent or moved. But my hood still won't shut. It like, latches, but there's still a 1.5" gap. The hood isn't bent (that I can tell, there's no crimping or anything)... it's strange. It just doesn't want to close anymore.
I will post pics tomorrow to help show you guys. It's no big deal.

(oh yea, there was probably a good 20 pounds worth of sand under my hood in various places... not reinstalling the stone-shield = bad idea.)

-Ducky

TeriyakiBroccoli
03-12-2003, 06:51 PM
lol good luck man... no idea about that one.

Djsteals
03-12-2003, 07:06 PM
This might sound dumb, but did you check the pull lever in the car..Sometimes mine sticks and it does exactly what yours does.

ebpda9
03-12-2003, 10:51 PM
yeah the latch might be a problem

VTracer19
03-13-2003, 09:22 AM
go through ur whole engine bay and make sure nothing is abstucting it from closing....

krz2fer
03-13-2003, 12:09 PM
And, uh, don't ramp it into sand.

Djsteals
03-13-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by krz2fer
And, uh, don't ramp it into sand.

Good Call!

pimpinprelude
03-16-2003, 08:17 AM
when was this? like spring break? man u must have been plasterd.

sc0rch
03-16-2003, 07:31 PM
it's the cable the runs from the hood release to the latch....look down into the latch where the cable is.....there should be a little black thing on the cable......push it back down the cable as far as you can.......if that doesnt work i dont know what to tell you other than there prolly a ton of sand in the latch and you need to blow it out with an air nozzle.......

why did you think this was a good idea anyway?

R34 94 EX
03-17-2003, 12:40 AM
look down into the latch, i havnt looked in mine but im guessing that you lost the spring, given there is one, i had to fix my friends hood today, all i had to do was take the latch off and put the spring over the little cable and it worked just fine, granted this was on a saturn, for all i know the accord latchs could work different but i doubt it and its dark so i cant go look on mine.