PDA

View Full Version : P.O.S. Car...grrr

Grip72
03-04-2003, 08:03 PM
Well i am mad. I just did an oil change on my car at work and found that i am leaking...(well more like seeping) coolant and it sorta looks like its coming from around my blocker heater cord where it plugs onto the block. And i found oil is leaking beneath my distributor...i gotta keep my eye on these things now. I wish i could afford to have it repaired....any ideas?

ebpda9
03-05-2003, 09:32 AM
hmmm the repairs shouldn't be that expensive but face it: you have an old car, and japanese are not the best at gaskets. my car is leaking too and i changed gaskets more than once and it's still leaking. the distributor has a very small gasket that can be replaced in less than 20 mintues. and for the heater i have no clue what you are talking about. mine is leaking from the thermostat and replace that gasket too but still leaking :loco:

pimpinprelude
03-28-2003, 07:43 PM
humm, i thought that it was the heater CORE???....idk well anywayz check the hose when it is running, cuz if the car is off the little cracks in the heater hose that could be causing your leak seal back up, but when under pressure (like when the car is running) the cracks open and the coolent comes out... so check it out good luck...

turbowhat_n_dat
04-04-2003, 02:21 PM
they make coolant dye that can be put into your coolant and traced using a black lite. This would prolly be the easiest way to trace a common coolant leak thats a little sneaky.

As for your distributor remove the three bolts, mark the distributor housing and the engine housing with a scratch all to ease in replacement, and clean it up real good, then put a new o-ring seal on it and some gasket eliminator on the whole shaft, it will not leak.

As for hondaman, do the same with your thermostat housing, the gaskets suck, but gasket eliminator does the same thing with better results. I use it all the time and it seals everything. Try it, it costs like $3.00 a tube.

G FLICK

HndaTch627
04-19-2003, 01:26 AM
as far as the Distributor leak...that o-ring will take you all of 10 minutes to replace and it even comes with a new cap and rotor or seperately.

AS far as your coolant leak, are you saying you have an aftermarket block heater which is leaking?? if so i'd check to make sure the hose clamp isn't loose or that the adapater fitting isn't loose.

jeremy

ps: after 5 years of working on cars i can tell you the japanese are FAR better at keeping cars from leaking then anyone else.