PDA

View Full Version : trans. problem/what to do, whats wrong with it?

tim haas
02-28-2003, 06:24 PM
Hey all, my engine now sounds different(like a weedwacker) just before i start to shift into diff. gears. Like from 1st to 2nd, at like 15mph, it starts to not sound normal and starts to sound like a weedwacker. THen, from 2nd to 3rd at like 30mph, etc. etc. This all started to sound bad as soon as my 2nd gear started to grind when shifting. Whenever i go into 2nd gear, there is some friction. Is this somehow related? i have a feeling yes...i dont know too much bout cars, so how much do you guys think it will cost to get a trans. rebuild? and will this help fix that weedwacker sound? Thanks a lot

Leets
03-01-2003, 04:34 AM
Honestly, I have no idea what you're talking about. Still, I think it'd be cheaper to find a used tranny than get yours rebuilt... especially if you're just gonna sell it. You should be able to find a used dx/lx tranny in good shape for under a bill. They're not that difficult to swap (gotta love Honda's engineers), but if you don't know much about cars I wouldn't suggest it. Just a find a reputable shop to swap it out for you. Or if you know someone who can do it, a 12 pack and some pizza go a long way.:yes: