PDA

View Full Version : Had a run in with a curb.

Afroney
02-06-2003, 03:26 PM
I hit a curb pretty hard the another night doing some fast turns. Everything on the car seems to be fine steering wise, (no major alignment problems, I turn corners now, I can hear this loud thumping noise. What could this be, im probally going to go under the car car and inspect the suspension, but I want to know a few things to look out for. Oh and its a 01 Civic LX

armyguy5
02-06-2003, 07:29 PM
look for bent rim....any part of the suspension/brake systems....just look over the whole side u hit

chris

curbs suck

Afroney
02-06-2003, 09:33 PM
It wasnt bent too bad, I replaced it anyways. (30bucks for a rim and a tire) from a junkyard. At least I havent noticed any shaking in the steering, but I havent really driven it at interstate speeds yet, so at least I didnt screw up a steering knuckle or the steering gearbox. There appears to be nothing physically bent in the suspension. Ill give the whole suspension a good shake once I get it back from the body shop. I suspect it may be the following problems: CV joints, wheel bearings, ball joints, maybe an unseated spring, or f*cked tie-rod ends. I guess im asking this because, ive only worked on my Audis suspension, and a couple of vans' suspension and the setups are a little diffrent. What would be the most common thing to get screwed up on a civic after hitting a curb?

Turbo_LS_Hatch
02-07-2003, 01:39 PM
alignment

ebpda9
02-07-2003, 01:57 PM
the alignament could be a problem