PDA

View Full Version : WOuld this FIT PLEASE READ!

Of17
01-08-2003, 04:58 PM
My dad sold my honda civic on me and he said i could buy a new car so im buying a integra 94 high Miles so.... I was thinking of makeing a sawp and the H22A sounds like its fast...

anyways the question is whats a good fast engin that would fit and kinda cheep?

please post your answers and reasons:loco:

CombatKit47
01-09-2003, 04:09 PM
ok i would suggest the b18c5 motor because it is a fast motor with 200hp and fits in a integra becaus eit is an integra type r motor. the only thing is that it doesnt acceep that fast but pretty good accel. if you are lookign for a fast acceling i think i would go with a b16a its got about 185hp i think. they will both run yu about 2500-3000 dollars. good luck

CombatKit47
01-09-2003, 04:11 PM
oh yeah and i dont know if the h22a will fit in a integra i think it is a prelude motor but you might be able to. you can probably move some stuff around to get it in but i wouldnt do that so i would just stay woth the motors that will for sure fit in an integra

silver
01-09-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by CombatKit47
ok i would suggest the b18c5 motor because it is a fast motor with 200hp and fits in a integra becaus eit is an integra type r motor. the only thing is that it doesnt acceep that fast but pretty good accel. if you are lookign for a fast acceling i think i would go with a b16a its got about 185hp i think. they will both run yu about 2500-3000 dollars. good luck

you are not close on this other than the fact that you the engine codes correct.
first question is what kind of integra. then it's how much money. You can get a 1st gen b16a w/ tranny(cable) for less than $1600 easily. 2nd gen b16a w/ tranny(hydraulic) around $2200. 3rd gen w/ all the stuff for around $3000.

a b18c5 can run upwards of $5000 w/ tranny, also depends on whether it is jdm or usdm. and i don't know what you meant by acceep that fast.

don't do an h22, i don't know what everyone's obsession is with it. I would recommend if you want to swap to find a low mileage b18b, then swap a vtec head onto it. Do some n/a motor work and you'll be embarassing people easily.

ebpda9
01-09-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by silver

don't do an h22, i don't know what everyone's obsession is with it.

i don't think you'd like to see my car with a b16 or b18 ;) jfwy

anyway a b18 will be the way to go.

silver
01-09-2003, 06:17 PM
i have seen plenty of h22 swaps in accords. Before I go on what is your experience with them and what have you heard?

sharkey65a
01-13-2003, 09:43 AM
stock the h22 and the b18c5 put out close to the same hp. the h22 isnt made to fit, and honostly i dont think ive ever seen it done, so it would take alot more to put it in. and guessing that your not goin to do the install that means a lot more cash. the b18c5 wont be cheap either but its going to be alot better fit (not to mention people will be way more fearing of a type r than a h22)
also if you got h22 and start moving shit around to fit it, you could run into a problem when you try to mod shit because things might not work because of new placements.

ebpda9
01-13-2003, 10:15 AM
i have seen plenty of h22 swaps in accords. Before I go on what is your experience with them and what have you heard?

i don't know the tq numbers for b18's, but i know they will drop right thru my engine bay ;). i think the max torque is made a lot higher than a h22 and i really don't wanna rev to 5000rpms just to get the car moving. right now i'm thinking about a h23 vtec or the h22.

as for his car i think a b18c1 is enough and he can mod it for better results with the money he would save on it rather than b18c5. just my $0.02

ChrisCantSkate
01-13-2003, 10:20 AM
http://www.boostdriven.com/Tech%20Articles/H22%20Teg.htm

read that then deside

DA9onBoost
01-20-2003, 02:44 AM
You can get a 1st gen b16a w/ tranny(cable) for less than $1600 easily.

don't do an h22, i don't know what everyone's obsession is with it. I would recommend if you want to swap to find a low mileage b18b, then swap a vtec head onto it. Do some n/a motor work and you'll be embarassing people easily.

well your information is just as misleading.. as you suggested with that b16a SiR 1 swap as you mentioned it's a cable tranny which would not work with his DC2 integra since he would have to have a hydro tranny unless he did a cable to hydro conversion which would be stupid imo, for reasons of that b16 being 10+ years old so it needs work done to it such as a new water pump, oil pump, timing belt, possibly valve train, and other minor repairs.

as for your lsvtec question you seem to make it sound too easy. there is a lot of mix and matching to go along with this process. just a stock ls bottom end with a vtec head is not going to be faster than a straigh B18C1 crate engine. the ls has low compression which can't compare to any of the vtec engines so he would need many parts. if you were to build a lsvtec you would need steel braided oil feed lines + fitments, complete vtec head, higher compression pistons, stronger rods (shotpeened factory rods at the very least), bottom end balancing to the flywheel, a vtec ecu, vtec oil pump, vtec waterpump (suggested), vtec timing belt, new LS head gasket, in some instances add the knock sensor to the ls block (depending on ecu programming), and also the head would have to be worked on so the dowel pins would match with the block. there is lots of work when it comes down to a lsvtec in order to have it run "safe" i guess you could say. personally if i was in the position of doing a nonvtec block with vtec head i would do the B20vtec.. B20 has the most displacement of all the b series engines.. my friend has one which is mildly built.. basically built with a lot of honda oem parts and he laid down 190 hp to the wheels.. imagine what one would do if it was fully built.

stock the h22 and the b18c5 put out close to the same hp. the h22 isnt made to fit, and honostly i dont think ive ever seen it done, so it would take alot more to put it in. and guessing that your not goin to do the install that means a lot more cash. the b18c5 wont be cheap either but its going to be alot better fit (not to mention people will be way more fearing of a type r than a h22)

i don't see what the big fetish is of a type r engine here is. true the b18c5 has the same hp numbers but the H22 has more torque than the B18c5 mainly because of it's larger displacement. true the gearing in a H22a maybe longer than that S80 tranny that is equipted with an itr engine, but a H22 on boost in a DC2 :eek: now there would be an impressive set up.

i think another factor in this is does this person want to go all motor or FI? the B18C5 is not the engine to go FI in from it's high compression.. yes it's possible and can be done, but personally i would rather have a B20 or a B18B and boost that. i like the non vtec engines for boost applications. Vtec is set up so you have high lift and long duration, where you get that cam overlap. with forced induction you could be loosing that charge air being forced into your engine because of that long duration cam. Boost works best with a short duration high lift cam where as with the PR4 head you do not get that cam overlap keeping the boost in the cylander. if we are talking all motor then i would suggest the B18C1 or B18C5.. but all the B18C5 is a B18C1 short block with different pistons, and a B16A head with different internals and a bigger intake manifold. i guess it's your call since it's your car.. there are plenty of options on the market

2ndGenTeg
01-20-2003, 11:07 PM
H22As will outrun B18C5s all day, no problem. However, the H22A will be a much bigger pain in the ass- custom mount kit, and give up belt driven accessories like a/c and power steering.

The B18C5 isn't worth what it costs. For the same money, you could build a B18C to outrun B18C5s.

If everyday drivability is not a concern, get an H22A. If it is, get a B18C and build it yourself, not a B18C5.

Mirkwo0dForest
01-29-2003, 07:45 PM
yea with a TURBO!! w00t! ANYWAY h22 to0 much work to put in NEthing as small as integra/civic. new axels and all that shizzle fo jo0 fo bizzle dat u jus dont want to flizzle wif.

joeann9399
02-02-2003, 07:53 AM
ey i'm selling an h22 engine for $3500 it came off a '99 prelude. it comes with the tranny and everything you need from the prelude engine bay. it also comes with the computer box (ECU). i'm also selling a b16. comes with trannny. for $3000

email me at joose13@hotmail.com

dudeman47
02-11-2003, 09:15 AM
you might want to go with what the other cat said about putting a hairdryer on a GS engine. a turbo is better than going all motor V-TEC. If I would have put the money into a turbo that I got in mine to make it mid 13's on motor alone I would be running a lot faster.

blackdc2
02-22-2003, 08:24 PM
Da9 is absolutly right. Place racing makes a motor mount kit for the H22a into the dc2. How many miles is a lot of miles? How much money do you want to spend? And who if not you will be performing this swap? You can do what you want to do. The ls is a very good motor. I have an ls and 130,000 miles on and I have no problem with gsrs and several h22 swaps and type r swaps. Do something original. Get a plan, and some money and do something sweet.