PDA

View Full Version : 98 DX Intake how to??

KwikR6
11-01-2001, 04:14 PM
My friend has a 98 civic DX hatch. He bought a vibrant intake. Instead of the intake running off the side of the head it comes from the top. How do you install it??

KwikR6
11-01-2001, 04:19 PM
Whoops I mean the manifold...not the head that the intake runs off of...sorry
My bad.

Racing Rice
11-02-2001, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by dereks civic
Whoops I mean the manifold...not the head that the intake runs off of...sorry
My bad.

Ive never actually done it before so I maybe wrong, but I believe that it should just slide down over it, The air intake for a DX is different then for an EX for that reason, Is his intake for a DX?

KwikR6
11-02-2001, 06:02 PM
His intake is for a DX...we think...we did get in on though. Car sounds better. I couldn't quite figure out the bracket's though. We rigged something up with them but it was kinda frusterating. But it's on and fitting. Gotta figure out where that squeak is coming from though. Right when you hammer on the gas it makes a little squeak. Then goes away. oh well. MIne doesn't.

Racing Rice
11-04-2001, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by dereks civic
..Gotta figure out where that squeak is coming from though. Right when you hammer on the gas it makes a little squeak. Then goes away. oh well. MIne doesn't.

Cool.. Wiggle the intake and see if it squeaks when you wiggle it.

KwikR6
11-04-2001, 04:38 PM
it's not that kinda squeak...it's a air leak squeak. when he punches it the air squeaks. But I think he figured it out though. So that's good.