PDA

View Full Version : Q about headlights

C's 94 InTeGrA
12-10-2002, 10:23 PM
ok can u put low beam bulbs into where the high beams should be? cause i want to do that and have all four of my lights running at night just to be different can it be done without anything going wrong..?

SofaKingSmooth
12-10-2002, 10:29 PM
I am going to stay away from that, i work with electronics and yes it is possable but think if you ever need your highs they are not going to be there. aslo if they dont thae the same bulbs your going to have to get new harnesses, the trigering for them would be easy but inorder to do it you must have the right tools and a nice detailed book on your elecrtical system would be real helpfull

C's 94 InTeGrA
12-10-2002, 10:33 PM
well i dont really need them cause i only drive in the city and i dont go out backroads and stuff and there aint really a purpose.. so u dont think that would work and i would have to do some other stuff to make them work properly?

BlazinCrx
12-11-2002, 01:50 AM
I am not exactly sure that willl work. you would have to splice power off your low beams to power your highs at the same time. however the wattage for the highs is different and you most keep that and the extra strain you are going to be putting on the low beams power supply by doing his.

ebpda9
12-11-2002, 06:28 AM
the low beams use 9006 bulbs and hi-beams use 9005 bulbs. the wattage is different and the construction of the headlight itself. the low beams have some sort of a screeen over the bulb so it will modyfy the pattern of the light, while the high beams don't have that screen. if u really wanna do that be prepared to get highbeams because you will blind people