PDA

View Full Version : More questions lol

TweaK
12-08-2002, 10:07 PM
Hey,

Anyway thx for allt hat helped me before..but now that I hvae some things figured out..what do you guys thing I should mod first...Im jsut fine with my suspension for now(used to driving top heavy suvs) But I have 120k plus miles on my engine ..should I start like umm building up the engine and replacing soon to be dead parts or would I be better off waiting for it to hit the bucket and just swap a new one in..like which would be cheaper/reliable.

TweaK- (another dumb question lol)

94_AcCoRd_EX
12-08-2002, 10:15 PM
If I had the choice, I'd get a swap without hesitation. You have the opportunity to get some real power from your car with a swap. Plus, you'll end up with an engine that has no more than 50k on it.

ebpda9
12-08-2002, 10:46 PM
i'd go with the suspension. your engine will last a lot more than 120k. make sure you get some adjustable shocks

sharkey65a
12-17-2002, 09:54 AM
personally i wouldnt wait for your engine to die and swap it because, especially with a honda, that could be a while. 120k really isnt that much. if you want to go with some mild moding id say replace some small internals first like valve springs, maybe a head gasket (mainly things that are imfamous of going first), than after that mod away.i say hit up new headers or cat back or intake/ intake manifold. or if your looking for some serious hp you might want to replace some more serious internals then maybe go with a turbo or supercharger. either way, i think a swap would be a bad idea because it wouldnt be nessisary for a while, then when you do it it will really pricey for not a whole lot more hp than what you already have (depending on the swap).