PDA

View Full Version : buyin a gsr and got some questions thanks

sharkey65a
12-04-2002, 05:43 PM
im lookin at a 97 gsr. its got 98k on the body and recently had a engine swap. the new engine has got 8k on it. the cars got a crazy list of mods like a zex nitrous kit, intake, headers back, valve springs, trans, radiator, ect. im worried about findin problems with it latter on. i was wondering if there are any pritty standard problems with tegs that i should know about or any things you think might go wrong with those mods. whatever you think let me know . thanks

ShEaNy
12-04-2002, 05:47 PM
well people say its not a good idea to buy modded cars cause u have no idea what could be wrong with them....but id look it over throughly...maybe with a mechanic? or someone who knows what there looking at and for..and test drive it..see if u can notice anything wrong.. handling...etc...ask him about the history of the car and if its been in any accidents...always check with auto pac too...see if its lies....thats all i can think of

BlazinCrx
12-04-2002, 08:06 PM
Also make sure he has reciepts for all the work and mods. It will be much better if a actual shop did the work rather than himself.

2ndGenTeg
12-06-2002, 12:05 AM
With a mods list like that (esp the nitrous, tranny, radiator), it sounds to me like the car has been abused. Buyer beware.

sharkey65a
12-06-2002, 09:36 AM
you can check out the car im buying at

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1873874286

through the emails ive recieved from the guy he said that hes never shot the nitrous on the new engine and he only swapped it cause the old engine got hydrolocked. ignoring what ebay says, if i buy it hell sell it to me for around 12.5. what do you think i should ask him about the car, and what should i look for for problems? and do you think its a good deal? thanks alot

ebpda9
12-06-2002, 10:17 AM
hmm i'd never buy cars off the net. i just don't trust them sellers. if u really want a hot rod you need to mod it on your own that's half the fun:yes: but again that's just me

Novtec1
12-06-2002, 11:27 AM
yea im with these guys..if you can't get in and test drive it don't buy it.. plus buying a modded ride is not a good idea. :paranoid:

sharkey65a
12-06-2002, 09:05 PM
why is it a good idea to get reciepts for all the mods?

Jeebs
12-07-2002, 11:53 AM
Yeah i wouldnt buy a pre-modded car, personaly. To many things to have to worry about, even more than stock cars. And if they did do a crap job on the mods its just more cash money you gotta fork out later for repairs, and replacement parts, ect

ChrisCantSkate
12-07-2002, 12:00 PM
NO... he is selling it cause he did something wrong. and why does it say he has NOS when i see a ZEX bottle?

BlazinCrx
12-07-2002, 05:54 PM
NOS and ZEX are the same thing, both nitrous (nos) companies.

ChrisCantSkate
12-07-2002, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by BlazinCrx
NOS and ZEX are the same thing, both nitrous (nos) companies.
should have thrown more sarcasm in there... i HATE HATE HATE x eleventy billion when people say they have NOS (pronounced NAAWZ). they have nitros, or even n2o if its cause they are too lazy to type NITROUS out. NOS is a brand name owned by holley performance. i dont care who you are, if you say NOS and ask what brand you should get.... :crazy: its a pet peave of mine.

BlazinCrx
12-07-2002, 08:17 PM
its just one of those habbits. you yourself probably say coke when ordering a soft drink. so you are doing the same thing, just with something different. Zex is owned by Comp Cams and was their answer to NOS owned by Holley but not originally.